The Copy Center will be conducting Departmental training for you local MFD. Learn how to use it as a Departmental Printer.
See the training schedule below and call or email to book a training time. Please contact Denise at 540-654-1935 or email@example.com. We would like to get as many end users at once to attend.
Scan to email
Print directly to the copier
Week of June 30, 2014
Week of July 14, 2014
Week of July 21, 2014
Week of July 28, 2014
Week of Aug 4, 2014
A survey conducted in December 2012 identified 623 devices on the UMW main campus.
- 447 printers- 230 were inkjet
- 107 Multi-Functional Device (MFD)
- 17 Faxes
- 52 Scanners
- User to device ratio is 2:1
Why are we networking the Konica Minolta copiers on Campus?
- A more sustainable print option.
- Reduce the purchase of desk top printers.
- Reduce the purchase of printer consumables.
- Monetary savings.
Added functionality of the networked MFD.
- Print directly from your computer to the MFD.
- Scan to email
The following administrative buildings are fully MFD eligible.
- Fairfax House
- George Washington Hall
- Jepson Alumni Executive Center
- Marye House
- Physical Plant
- Stafford Campus, North and South buildings
- Tennis Center
- Tyler House
The following administrative buildings are 90% MFD eligible.
Academic buildings will be targeted for networking in the Spring of 2014.
***If you would like to use the full functionality of the MFD please call the help desk @ 540-654-2255 and request that the print driver be installed.
Training guides for networked printers are here. Click on the link to get the step by step by instructions.