A survey conducted in December 2012 identified 623 devices on the UMW main campus.
- 447 printers- 230 were inkjet
- 107 Multi-Functional Device (MFD)
- 17 Faxes
- 52 Scanners
- User to device ratio is 2:1
Why are we networking the Konica Minolta copiers on Campus?
- A more sustainable print option.
- Reduce the purchase of desk top printers.
- Reduce the purchase of printer consumables.
- Monetary savings.
Added functionality of the networked MFD.
- Print directly from your computer to the MFD.
- Scan to email
The following administrative buildings are fully MFD eligible.
- Fairfax House
- George Washington Hall
- Jepson Alumni Executive Center
- Marye House
- Physical Plant
- Stafford Campus, North and South buildings
- Tennis Center
- Tyler House
The following administrative buildings are 90% MFD eligible.
Academic buildings will be targeted for networking in the Spring of 2014.
***If you would like to use the full functionality of the MFD please call the help desk @ 540-654-2255 and request that the print driver be installed.
Training guides for networked printers are here. Click on the link to get the step by step by instructions.