*Only Freshmen and BA/BS Transfer students are eligible to submit an ID photo online at this time.
To submit your ID photo online, log on to the myUMW, using your net ID and password.
Before submitting a photo online, please review all requirements below. We recommended using Microsoft Office Picture Manager to resize and/or compress files to easily submit photo online.
Photo must be a facial portrait only.
General Photo Requirements:
- The picture file must be in .jpeg format, measure 300 x 330 pixels and must not exceed 32k in size.
- File name must be less than 25 characters (including the extension.jpg)
- The subject must be facing forward and looking directly at the camera.
- This must be a full facial shot that includes from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin, ending AT the shoulder, and should fill the frame.
- Sunglasses are not permitted.
- Hats are permitted for documented religious purposes only and must not obscure facial features.
- Photo must be in color – passport photos are best.
- Student must be the only person/object in the picture.
- No graduation caps, gowns, or costumes.
- Photograph must have a solid, plain, uniform background.
- Photo must have been taken within the last 12 months
- Deadline for online photo submissions is May 30th for orientation pickup. All others July 24th. (These will not be available until move-in day.)
Prospective students should note that there are many common mistakes that render electronic submissions unacceptable despite meeting general photo requirements.
The most common mistakes include:
- resizing an image to meet the size requirements without maintaining the correct aspect ratio
- enlarging an image of insufficient resolution so that the resulting image quality is poor
- use of low quality digital cameras such as camera phones which produce poor images and poor editing of an existing image to remove extraneous background.
NO HATS OR SUNGLASSES!!
TOO GOOFYBAD CROPPINGFACE FORWARDPERFECT…ITS A KEEPER!!
If you have questions regarding the submission of your photo, please contact the EagleOne Center Monday through Friday 8AM-5PM at 540-654-1005 or email email@example.com before submitting
Don’t have a digital camera? Call the EagleOne Card Center to make an appointment for a photo session.
YEARBOOK PHOTO INFORMATION:
The University of Mary Washington yearbook, The Battlefield, contains a section comprised of all current registered undergraduate students’ ID pictures, with the exception of those members of the current graduating class who have the opportunity to have their pictures professionally taken throughout the year. Publishing the ID pictures affords graduating students with the opportunity to have pictures of their friends who may not be members of the graduating class and also members of other classes to have photos of their friends for posterity.