*Only Freshmen and BA/BS Transfer students are eligible to submit an ID photo online at this time.
Before submitting a photo online, review all requirements below as you will not be allowed to submit a second photo. Prospective students should note that there are many common mistakes that render electronic submissions unacceptable despite meeting general photo requirements.
The most common mistakes include:
- resizing an image to meet the size requirements without maintaining the correct aspect ratio
- enlarging an image of insufficient resolution so that the resulting image quality is poor
- use of low quality digital cameras such as camera phones which produce poor images and poor editing of an existing image to remove extraneous background.
We recommended using Microsoft Office Picture Manager to resize and/or compress files to easily submit photo online.
General Photo Requirements:
- The picture file must be in .jpeg format, measure 300 x 330 pixels and must not exceed 32k in size.
- The subject must be facing forward and looking directly at the camera. Shots where the subject is looking over one shoulder toward the camera will not be accepted. This must be a full facial shot that includes from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin and the height of the face should not be less than one half of the overall image size.
- All facial features must be clearly visible- sunglasses are not permitted. Hats are permitted for documented religious purposes only and must not obscure facial features.
- Photo must be in color – passport photos are best!
- Student must be the only person in the picture.
- No graduation caps, gowns, or costumes.
- Photograph must have a uniform background.
- Nothing can be touching the face such as hands, trees or graduation certificate.
- Photo must have been taken within the last 12 months
- Deadline for online photo submissions is May 31,2013.
NO HATS OR SUNGLASSES!!
TOO GOOFYBAD CROPPINGFACE FORWARDPERFECT…ITS A KEEPER!!
Online photo submissions can be found under the University Life tab.
If you have questions regarding the submission of your photo, pleasse contact the EagleOne Center before submitting
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Contact us: (540) 654-1005 or at our email address email@example.com.
Don’t have a digital camera? Call the EagleOne Card Center to make an appointment for a photo session.
YEARBOOK PHOTO INFORMATION:
The University of Mary Washington yearbook, The Battlefield, contains a section comprised of all current registered undergraduate students’ ID pictures, with the exception of those members of the current graduating class who have the opportunity to have their pictures professionally taken throughout the year. Publishing the ID pictures affords graduating students with the opportunity to have pictures of their friends who may not be members of the graduating class and also members of other classes to have photos of their friends for posterity. If you would like to abstain from having your picture placed in the yearbook, please fill out the appropriate form available in the Eagle One center. The completed form should then be placed in the box on the outside of the Battlefield office door, room 107, located within OSACS.