The Office of Financial Aid would like to invite all currently enrolled students to apply to the following scholarship opportunities for Spring 2013.
All submissions require the following –
- Scholarship Information Form (click here)
- Scholarship Application Form 2012-2013 (click here)
- an unofficial UMW current transcript (new freshman and transfer applicants for spring 2013 are exempt from this requirement)
- letter of introduction
- documentation of any additional criteria listed below
All items must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by noon on December 14, 2012.
Individuals not selected to receive an award will not be notified.
Incomplete applications will not be considered!
Coleman Family Farm
- Must be a full-time Mary Washington rising junior senior majoring in mathematics, physics, chemistry or business.
- Special consideration shall be given to students from Virginia working farm families. Must provide documentation.
- The recipient shall be a student with demonstrated financial need as determined by the FAFSA and in good academic standing at the end of the sophomore year.
Fredericksburg Rotary Club (FASLA) Scholarship
- Must have financial need as demonstrated by FAFSA.
- Student should be a resident of Fredericksburg, or counties of Spotsylvania, Stafford, King George or Caroline.
- Parent should be a Rotarian.
Mary Siegrist Hinz Leadership Award
- Must be full-time juniors or seniors during the 2012-13 academic year.
- Provide detailed letter regarding applicant’s academic distinction, commitment to physical fitness and leadership/citizenship accomplishments which may include summer activities and community service.
- Provide definitive statement of career goals and aspirations.
- Provide three letters of recommendation from former or current UMW professors – references from coaches may NOT address student’s athletic abilities or activities.
Jeannine Mary Pfeifle Memorial Scholarship
- Must be full-time, residential seniors during the 2012-13 academic year who have been continuously enrolled at UMW since their freshman year.
- Must be citizens of the US, and specifically in descending order of priority: the daughter or son of a US Marine or Navy service man.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.70 or above.
- Must have demonstrated positive qualities of campus citizenship. Documentation or letter of reference must be included in application.
Fredericksburg Host Lions Club Scholarship
This scholarship shall be awarded annually to a graduate of the Fredericksburg City, Stafford or Spotsylvania school systems with a financial need as demonstrated by FAFSA. The recipient must have enrolled in one of these school systems for his or her final four semesters and must have participated in extracurricular activities.
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA once he or she enrolls in UMW.
- Consideration shall be given to those students who have financial need due to sight, hearing or diabetic conditions.
- Information regarding disabilities is treated as confidential. Students may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the scholarship. They need not list specific information, only that they meet the criteria.
Free Lance-Star Scholarship
- Must be a junior or senior and have a demonstrated interest in journalism.
- Must have a financial need as demonstrated by FAFSA and a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.20.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by participation in student organizations and activities.
Marjorie Jean Frost ’44 Scholarship
- Must have a financial need as demonstrated by FAFSA .
- Consideration shall be given to students with a declared major in political science, preparing to attend law school or those planning a career in journalism.