Students seeking to work on campus should be prepared to provide identification for the Federal I-9 form within 3 business days of the date employment begins. A list of acceptable documents can be found on the fifth page of the Federal I-9 form. All acceptable documents must be original.
FIRST TIME STUDENT EMPLOYEES
First time student employees must complete and mail to the Office of Financial Aid, the following seven documents, before starting their job on the first day of classes:
- Student Employment Application
- Commonwealth of Virginia’s Policy on Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Employee Direct Deposit Authorization
- Form I-9 – Employment Eligibility Verification**Employment Eligibility Verification**.
Fill out Section “1” only – Bring the form with acceptable documents, typically (1) a passport; or, (2) a driver’s license and a Social Security card.
**Returning students working on campus for the first time must bring the form I-9 and ID’s on the first day of classes to Lee Hall, rm.229.
- Form W-4 (Federal Income Tax Withholding)
- Form VA-4 (Virginia Income Tax Withholding Exemption Certificate)
- Student Work Agreement
RETURNING STUDENT EMPLOYEES
Returning Student employees must complete and mail to the Office of Financial Aid, the following documents, before starting their job on the first day of classes: