VRS Hybrid Members Only
Come hear Giant Food Nutritionist Lindsay Pugliese on Tuesday, July 17 from 10:30 am – 11:15 am speak on Mood Boosting Foods. (Lee Hall 412) Lindsay always brings coupons and food samples to share after her presentation. This event is open to all students and staff.
Topic details: Mood Boosting Foods– A guide to how your diet can affect your mood. Lindsay will talk more about the foods you can incorporate into your life to live a healthy lifestyle, have more energy and boost your mood and to improve your mental well being.
For more information on hws you can join Weight Watchers in doing GOOD together: weight-watchers-good-flyer-2018.
Congratulations to those employees who have reached milestone years this month! Check out the list of service award recipients.
- FSA expenses are eligible for reimbursement based on the type of expense and the applicable coverage period. The coverage period is the period of time between the first day and last day of FSA plan coverage (7/1 to 6/30 of the following year).
- The July 1, 2018 pay date is the last contribution for the 2017-2018 plan year. Participants should be sure to include this deduction in their 2017-2018 reimbursement requests.
- Participants have three months from the termination or end of the plan year to file for FSA reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred during the coverage period.
- The FSA Card may not be used after June 30, 2018 to pay claims incurred during the July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 plan year.
- Participants whose accounts end (ex. termination of employment or a status change) do not have access to the FSA Card after the account terminates. During the three-month run-out period participants can still submit paper claims by mail and/or FAX, and can receive assistance by calling the FSA Customer Service Line at 1-877-451-7244.
A number of discounts are available through the Department of Human Resource Management including entertainment, financial services, education, hotels, vacations and more: http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeediscounts.html.
VRS Members to Be Alert for Unsolicited Retirement Counseling Services
From time to time, VRS receives reports from members and employers that various companies or groups have contacted them via email or phone to offer retirement counseling services. Please be aware that VRS does not use unsolicited calls to contact members to offer its services. Correspondence from VRS will be sent by U.S. mail on official letterhead. Members also can use their myVRS account to create benefit estimates, review their VRS benefits and plan for retirement. Also, advise employees that VRS staff do not come to members’ homes to discuss benefits. VRS offers retirement planning sessions throughout the state at colleges, universities, other public locations or the VRS offices in Richmond.
As a reminder, VRS provides counseling services to VRS members free of charge by phone or in person at its Counseling Center, 1111 East Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219:
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We are reminding VRS members to be cautious in responding to unsolicited offers of retirement planning or advice. If you or your employees are uncertain if a communication originated with VRS, please contact us.
Our Plan Specialist will be on campus in GW106 on the following days for 2018, please click the link and register for you appointment:
If you are currently participating in premium rewards for COVA Care or COVA HealthAware ACTION is required for 2018-2019! You must update your health assessment.
Not participating? You can complete a health assessment online at www.myactivehealth.com/cova. It is as simple as completing an online health assessment and answering a few questions about your health and lifestyle.
Don’t forget to schedule an appointment for your 457 Deferred Compensation and 401 Cash Match Plan or Hybrid account. Our Representative is offering individual counseling sessions in June in GW 106. VRS Hybrid retirement participants may also setup an individual counseling session for their Defined Contribution component or to discuss voluntary contributions.
Scheduling information: https://accountaccess.icmarc.org/participant/events/eventRegistration.jsp?SiteId=1071397