ICMA-RC tips on planning for retirement.
Planning for retirement?
VRS will be at Germanna Community College on November 15. Details on the workshop location and time: Germanna.
Congratulations to those employees who have reached milestone years this month! Check out the list of November service award recipients.
Come hear from Lindsay Pugliese, MS, RD, LDN – In-store Nutritionist at Giant grocery store
on November 30 from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm she will speak about Nutrition for Fitness Lovers. (Lee Hall 412)
Lindsay always has a food tasting, coupons and recipes to give out to her audience!
This is open to all UMW STUDENTS and STAFF.
Eagle Village Giant Food grocery store is now offering a 5% discount to UMW staff and students. You must present your Eagle One ID card and it is valid at the Eagle Village location only.
Free flu shots at your neighborhood pharmacy for COVA Care (BCBS), COVA HDHP (BCBS) and COVA HealthAware (Aetna). For more information visit: http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/healthcoverage/flushotinformation
If you are currently participating in premium rewards for COVA Care or COVA HealthAware ACTION is required for 2017-2018! You must update your health assessment.
Not participating? You can complete a health assessment online at www.myactivehealth.com/cova. It is as simple as completing an online health assessment and answering a few questions about your health and lifestyle.
Don’t forget to schedule an appointment for your 457 Deferred Compensation and 401 Cash Match Plan or Hybrid account. Our Representative is offering individual counseling sessions in June in GW 106. VRS Hybrid retirement participants may also setup an individual counseling session for their Defined Contribution component or to discuss voluntary contributions.
Scheduling information: https://accountaccess.icmarc.org/participant/events/eventRegistration.jsp?SiteId=1071397
A number of discounts are available through the Department of Human Resource Management including entertainment, financial services, education, hotels, vacations and more: http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeediscounts.html.
Giant Food in Eagle Village just announced a 5% discount to all students and employees with a valid Eagle One ID card.
- FSA expenses are eligible for reimbursement based on the type of expense and the applicable coverage period. The coverage period is the period of time between the first day and last day of FSA plan coverage (7/1 to 6/30 of the following year).
- The July 1, 2017 pay date is the last contribution for the 2016-2017 plan year. Participants should be sure to include this deduction in their 2016-2017 reimbursement requests.
- Participants have three months from the termination or end of the plan year to file for FSA reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred during the coverage period.
- The FSA Card may not be used after June 30, 2017 to pay claims incurred during the July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 plan year.
- Participants whose accounts end (ex. termination of employment or a status change) do not have access to the FSA Card after the account terminates. During the three-month run-out period participants can still submit paper claims by mail and/or FAX, and can receive assistance by calling the FSA Customer Service Line at 1-877-451-7244.