The hiring process is managed through the online applicant tracking system, located at: https://careers.umw.umw.edu/hr. You may log-in to this site using your previously issued User ID and password.
If you have forgotten your password, email email@example.com to request a password reset. If you do not have a user account for careers, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request training. Your user account will be established during training.
Once you are in careers, you will need to enter the request to recruit for a new or vacant position:
- Go to the left hand navigation bar under “Position Descriptions”
- Select “Begin New Action”
- If this is a position that has been vacant and you are trying to refill it select “Modify Classified/Wage Position and Request Recruitment” (2nd choice – #20)
- If this will be a brand new position that you are recruiting for the first time, select “New Classified/Wage Position and Request Recruitment” (1st choice – #10),
- Please note, if you do not know the role code, you may choose any. This role will be corrected by HR once the position is classified.
- Complete each section of the position description and then submit to HR for initial review. After you hit submit, HR will be notified that you have entered an action for review.
HR will work with you on any needed modifications to the position description via careers. You will receive an automatic email notification from email@example.com whenever this occurs. Review the changes to the position description and resubmit to HR, via careers as. You may add any notes in the comments section for any specific requirements.
Once the position description is finalized for recruitment, a Personnel Requisition is prepared by HR and circulated to the appropriate Cabinet Members and Budget for approval to advertise and fill the position. When the approved requisition has been received by HR, you will be contacted regarding the posting status of the position online in careers.
When the position is posted in careers, you will receive an automatic email from firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Posting: 0000000 at status of: Posted). The email will say “The following posting is at the status of: Posted.” This automatic email will also include the Guest Username and Password for your search committee members. You may also find this in the posting in careers. Please send this information to your committee members for access to the applications for this position
The position will automatically be posted on the State Recruitment Web Site. HR will create and send ads to appropriate advertising sources. The hiring department may place ads on websites that are dedicated to their functional area. If you would like further information, please send an email to email@example.com