The following optional benefits are available to part-time wage/hourly employees at UMW:
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Tax-Deferred Annuity (TDA) and 403B Programs
- Tuition assistance policy: After one year of employment
- Provider Network: guide to finding providers, plans, and services that best fit the needs of you and your family.
- U.S. Savings Bonds: The U. S. Department of Treasury has announced it is eliminating the option to purchase paper savings bonds through payroll deduction as part of an environmental and cost-saving initiative. The move from paper to electronic transactions will increase reliability, safety, and security for participants and recipients. For more information, visit http://www.treasurydirect.gov/. Participants who wish to continue purchasing U. S. Savings Bonds are encouraged to do so through TreasuryDirect, a web-based system for purchasing and holding electronic savings bonds. TreasuryDirect allows purchasers to arrange automatic debits from their own bank accounts to purchase bonds. For more information, visit www.treasurydirect.gov/.