Careers is the name that we use to brand the system that UMW uses for online Position Management and recruitment. The underlying product for the system is PeopleAdmin; we are upgrading from version 5.8 to version 7.6. This update is much more than an update in software. The technology of the system has changed, and will bring users a more intuitive interface, easy navigation, email notification, and more.
Implementation of the new Careers has proceeded nicely. We have signed off on the system design – Go Live is on Thursday, August 7. We have a number of significant events coming up in the next few weeks
- Training – Hands-on Training sessions for Hiring Managers or designees begin on Monday, August 4 and continue through mid-August.
We advise you to access the system only after you have attended a training session.
- Training sessions and open labs will be held monthly thereafter. The location and dates TBD.
The training session schedule for those who hire Staff and/or A/P Faculty is listed below.
- The training sessions for those who hire Faculty will be held early in the fall.
- Retirement of the current system – The current system goes offline on Wednesday, August 6. All position management and new recruitment must be done in the new system beginning August 7.
Those of you who have an open recruitment will receive instructions in a separate email message.
- Go Live! Our Go Live date is Thursday, August 7.
- Open Lab – We will be available on August 7 from 11:00am to 1:00pm to offer support and assistance to those who will be entering positions. This will not be a structured training session. You will need to attend one of the training sessions on the full use of the system prior to the open lab. Open labs will be held monthly. The location and dates TBD.
- Federal Compliance – Effective August 7, every position, whether recruited or not (except Adjunct Faculty) must be entered into Careers for review prior to hiring to ensure federal compliance with ACA and FLSA.
- Register for Training – Please register for the training session that you plan to attend. Directions for doing so are attached to this message.
If you served as a tester, thank you for your time, for your thoughtful comments, and for your work to provide the best possible tool to members of the UMW community. Your feedback was very helpful.