About the Class:
This course provides an introduction to the latest version of the University’s web-based course management program, Canvas.
What You’ll Learn:
Upon completion of this class, participants will:
- Gain a basic understanding of a Canvas, and basic use of a course management tool, including best practices of good course design.
- Identify the features of Canvas, navigate, use menus, tool bars.
- Authenticate to the University Canvas website.
- Access a course from both the student and instructor perspective.
- Follow Copyright and Fair Use of Educational Multimedia guidelines.
- Edit course content.
- Modify course settings.
- Create groups and assign access rights.
- View the online help features.
- Access and use the Gradebook.
What You Need to Know:
- Basic keyboarding and mouse skills are recommended.
If you don’t have those skills, consider first taking the workshop: