About the Class:
The focus of this course is the Macintosh OS X operating system. The purpose of the class is to present the basic features of the OS, and help you get comfortable using it. This is a hands-on class.
What You’ll Learn:
Upon completion of this class, participants will:
- Start Up and Shut Down the Computer, Restart the computer.
- Navigate the Operating System (OS).
- Insert and Eject Disks.
- Connect to network servers and resources.
- Manage files, folders and shortcuts (create, save, copy, move, delete, name, rename, modify folder display options).
- Apply good file management techniques (organizing files, backing up).
- Use the search feature to locate Files.
- Identify Different File Formats and Extensions.
- Customize the Appearance of the Desktop.
- Use the OS Help System.
- Use System Preferences to check or change settings.
- Access and Modify the Dock.
- Install and Uninstall Software.
- Add or Choose a Printer (local or network).
- Use maintenance tools (disk first aid, virus scan, Rebuild Desktop).
- Access support resources (web pages, help desk, ITL).
What You Need to Know:
- Basic keyboarding and mouse skills are recommended.
If you don’t have those skills, consider first taking the workshop: