About the Class:
This course is intended for staff and faculty desiring to learn about the UMW network. An overview of the network is given including the UMW policy that users must follow. Some time is spent on e-mail and several exercises are completed, as well as using the private drive and the public drive is covered. This course is offered monthly for employees new to the network. Canvas is also covered.
What You’ll Learn:
Upon completion of this class, participants will:
- Have a basic understanding of Canvas.
- Login to campus network from any campus computer.
- Access and have an understanding of the UMW Network Policy.
- Have a basic understanding of Outlook, and perform basic functions and several advanced tasks.
- Access and use Webmail.
- Have a basic understanding of the server drives.
- Have a basic understanding about accessing the network from home.
- Access the Library’s resources.
- Access EagleNet, and learn about its resources.
- Reset the user’s password.
- Identify the role of DoIT (and the various groups that make up IT).
- Access the Technology Training calendar and understand how to sign up for future classes.
What You Need to Know:
- Basic use of personal computers.
If you don’t have those skills, consider first taking the workshop: