About the Class:
This course is for persons that want to use the more advanced features of Microsoft Word. In-class and/or online activities will guide you through exercises that will expose you to the skills you can master to successfully complete the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification for Word Core.
What You’ll Learn:
Upon completion of this class, participants will:
- Use the Grammar Checker.
- Enter and Format the Date and Time.
- Set and modify tabs.
- Apply paragraph styles.
- Create and modify headers and footers.
- Use column settings.
- Use document layout and page setting options.
- Create envelopes and labels.
- Create document templates.
- Create diagrams and charts.
- Compare and merge documents.
- Insert, view and edit comments.
- Convert documents to web pages.
- Adjust Auto-Correct settings.
- Convert tables to text and vice versa.
- Manage custom dictionary.
What You Need to Know:
- Basic keyboarding and mouse skills are recommended.
If you don’t have those skills, consider first taking the workshop:
- TECH 101 – Word Basics or equivalent skills, keyboarding and mouse skills.