About the Class:
This workshop lasts 3 hours.
It is part of the certificate series Excel 2010 End-User.
This workshop will help participants develop skills required to create effective and accurate charts. Intended for those already comfortable with using Excel, participants will create various types of charts and apply elements and formats. Chart templates and SmartArt graphics will be covered. This workshop also covers how to insert charts into PowerPoint slides.
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand charting terminology
- Select appropriate chart types for a specific set of data
- Create basic chart types, including column, pie, line, xy scatter, and bar charts
- Add a trendline and equation to the xy scatter chart
- Apply custom formats to charts and chart elements
- Save and apply a chart template
- Add shapes and SmartArt graphics to charts
- Apply themes to charts
- Insert Excel charts into a PowerPoint presentation
What You Need to Know:
- Enter text and numbers into a worksheet
- Perform calculations with formulas and functions
- Format cells and worksheets
- Select ranges of data
If you don’t have those skills, consider first taking the workshop:
Excel 2010 – The Basics
|Excel 2010(PC)||Excel 2011(Mac)|
|Microsoft Office (Video): Create a Chart in Excel||Microsoft Office: Get Started with Charts|