About the Class:
This workshop lasts 75 minutes.
It is part of the certificate series Office 2010 Productivity.
This short, fast-paced workshop is intended for participants who may have used a previous version of Outlook or another email client in the past but need to fill in gaps in their knowledge. The session focuses on the email features in the application, and will bring you up to speed with the newest version.
What You’ll Learn:
- Explore the Outlook 2010 interface
- Compose, format, and send email
- Reply to email messages
- Set the importance level of an email
- Understand how to use Conversation View
- Use UMW’s Global Address List to find email addresses
- Use categories to organize messages
- Create and add an automated signature
- Learn to work with email attachments
What You Need to Know:
- Use a mouse
- Cut, copy, paste, and format text
- Save and organize files
- Identify and understand the basic parts of an email message
If you don’t have those skills, consider first taking the workshop:
- Windows: Basic Computing Skills
|Outlook 2010(PC)||Outlook 2011(Mac)|
|Microsoft Office: Basic Tasks in Outlook 2010||Microsoft Office: Outlook Basics|
|Microsoft Office: Add an E-mail Signature to Messages||Microsoft Office: Insert a Signature into a Message|