Important Note: The last day to redeem Green WOW Cards for 2014 will be Nov. 25, 2014. Green WOW Cards not cashed by this date may be cashed after Jan. 5, 2015.
The green WOW card represents an award of $35. Designated supervisors can reward classified and wage/hourly employees with a green WOW card that can be redeemed for $35 at the Cashier’s office in Lee Hall. To request a green WOW card, designated supervisors follow these steps:
- Make sure the reasons for awarding the recognition agree with Cabinet area criteria found to the the right.
- Complete the online request form found through the link on the right of this page.
- Click the “Submit” button. Your request will automatically be sent to HR for approval.
- Supervisors will then receive notification from the Office of Human Resources when the WOW card is ready for pick-up (generally 2 business days after the request has been approved).
- The supervisor will give the recipient the completed green WOW card. The recipient will take the green WOW card to the cashiers office in Lee Hall to collect the reward. The cashier will give the recipient $35. The recipient will be asked for a signature and picture ID to collect the $35. The cashier will keep the signed green WOW card as documentation for accountability of funds distributed.
NOTE: Due to IRS regulations, all CASH rewards are taxable. As a result, this cash award is considered taxable earnings for Federal and State purposes and will be processed through Payroll. However, the University of Mary Washington wants you to have the full $35 immediately. Therefore, any appropriate Social Security (FICA), Medicare, (MQFE), and federal and state taxes will be deducted through Payroll. This award will be included as part of your total gross income reflected on your next W-2 form. For any questions on the process, please contact email@example.com.