UMW Staff & Faculty Walking Challenge
Brought to you by UMW Campus Recreation and UMW Human Resources
Let’s show off how much Mary Wash Moves! Grab your walking shoes and get ready to rack up the steps this summer with your UMW colleagues.
How It Works:
◾Dates: June 12 – July 14
◾Teams: Each team is created randomly and you will be given a wrist band in your team color to show off your team spirit! There are six teams.
◾How to win: Log your steps walked in the official tracking document. The team color with the most steps by the end of the challenge wins! ◾Campus walking maps with step estimates will be provided on the Campus Recreation web page soon.
Sign up HERE!
◾Prize: Each person on the winning team will receive 1 free personal training assessment through UMW Campus Recreation. ◾Winning team members must register for their personal training session by July 30.
If you are currently participating in premium rewards for COVA Care or COVA HealthAware ACTION is required for 2017-2018! You must update your health assessment.
Not participating? You can complete a health assement online at www.myactivehealth.com/cova. It is as simple as completing an online health assessment and answering a few questions about your health and lifestyle.
Premium reward program details 2017 FAQs
Congratulations to those employees who have reached milestone years this month! Check out the list of June recipients.
Don’t forget to schedule an appointment for your 457 Deferred Compensation and 401 Cash Match Plan or Hybrid account. Our Representative is offering individual counseling sessions in June in GW 106. VRS Hybrid retirement participants may also setup an individual counseling session for their Defined Contribution component or to discuss voluntary contributions.
Scheduling information: https://accountaccess.icmarc.org/participant/events/eventRegistration.jsp?SiteId=1071397
Research proves that sharing your time with others for a good cause can improve your overall happiness and mental well-being.
Community Service / Volunteer Time – Did you know employees are granted up to 16 hours of paid leave in any leave year to provide volunteer services through eligible non-profit organizations within or outside their communities?
Donate Bone Marrow or Organs – This policy authorizes eligible employees to use up to 30 workdays of paid leave in any calendar year, in addition to other paid leave, to donate bone marrow or organs.
A number of discounts are available through the Department of Human Resource Management including entertainment, financial services, education, hotels, vacations and more: http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeediscounts.html.
• FSA expenses are eligible for reimbursement based on the type of expense and the applicable coverage period. The coverage period is the period of time between the first day and last day of FSA plan coverage (7/1 to 6/30 of the following year).
• The July 1, 2017 pay date is the last contribution for the 2016-2017 plan year. Participants should be sure to include this deduction in their 2016-2017 reimbursement requests.
• Participants have three months from the termination or end of the plan year to file for FSA reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred during the coverage period.
• The FSA Card may not be used after June 30, 2017 to pay claims incurred during the July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 plan year.
• Participants whose accounts end (ex. termination of employment or a status change) do not have access to the FSA Card after the account terminates. During the three-month run-out period participants can still submit paper claims by mail and/or FAX, and can receive assistance by calling the FSA Customer Service Line at 1-877-451-7244.