What’s New Posts
A number of discounts are available through the Department of Human Resource Management including Kings Dominion, Great Wolf Lodge, Wyndham Hotels, and more: http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeediscounts.html
• FSA expenses are eligible for reimbursement based on the type of expense and the applicable coverage period. The coverage period is the period of time between the first day and last day of FSA plan coverage (7/1 to 6/30 of the following year).
• The July 1, 2015 pay date is the last contribution for the 2014-2015 plan year. Participants should be sure to include this deduction in their 2014-2015 reimbursement requests.
• Participants have three months from the termination or end of the plan year to file for FSA reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred during the coverage period.
• The FSA Card may not be used after June 30, 2015 to pay claims incurred during the July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015 plan year.
• Participants whose accounts end (ex. termination of employment or a status change) do not have access to the FSA Card after the account terminates. During the three-month run-out period participants can still submit paper claims by mail and/or FAX, and can receive assistance by calling the FSA Customer Service Line at 1-877-451-7244.
For everything ROTH, please click on the following link to view a brief video:
Excitement is building in Richmond for the UCI Road World Championships (Worlds) cycling event, which begins September 19. In anticipation of the event, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield has developed a new “Pedal To Health” interactive, online guide to bicycling. The guide is at anthem.com/pedaltohealth or here . It is available to COVA Care and COVA HDHP members as part of their health benefits. Information on a discount for bicycling gear can be found on the flier as well. So ride a bike for exercise and help the environment at the same time!
Individual Counseling Sessions for Deferred Compensation, Cash Match Plan and/or VRS Hybrid-Defined Contribution Component on September 14, 2015
Don’t forget to schedule an appointment for your 457 Deferred Compensation and 401 Cash Match Plan. Our Representative is offering individual counseling sessions on September 14 and December 1 in GW 106. Also any VRS Hybrid retirement participant may also setup an individual counseling session for their Defined Contribution component or to discuss voluntary contributions. To make an appointment visit: https://accountaccess.icmarc.org/participant/events/eventRegistration.jsp?SiteId=1071397
For information on premium rewards please see the flier: EarningPremiumRewards.
Congratulations to those employees who have reached milestone years! Check out the list of August Service Award Recipients.
Recent Anthem information: Anthem update 2.20.15
Updated information: Anthem update 2.6.15
Information from DHRM: Anthem Data Breach
Free flu shots are available again this year at pharmacies participating in your health plan’s network – COVA Care, COVA HDHP and COVA HealthAware. Members also may receive flu shots at no cost from network physicians’ offices and other participating providers. Kaiser Permanente HMO members must go to a participating Kaiser medical center.
Additional 2014-2015 Flu Shot information is located at