What’s New Posts
Congratulations to those employees who have reached milestone years! Check out the UPDATED list of August Service Award Recipients.
Fredericksburg Community Night is Tuesday, August 25 at the Richmond Flying Squirrels Baseball Game. University Relations has some FREE tickets available to see the game – come on out and have a night with other UMW employees! Game time is 7:05 pm and gates open at 6:00 pm.
Free tickets are available in Human Resources – first come first serve!
Our Fidelity Representative will be onsite for participants and financial counseling for non-participants on Monday, August 17 in GW Room 106. Please RSVP by calling 1-800-642-7131 or online at getguidance.fidelity.com
Campus Recreation has been busy updating equipment and programs this summer. Come over to the Fitness Center and check it all out at our inaugural Faculty & Staff RecFEST on Wednesday August 19 from 4:30-6pm.
Get information on fall programs, tour the facility, enjoy group fitness class demos, tryout Lifting 101, enter drawings and win some prizes!
We will have staff on hand to:
– introduce you to our new equipment
– give instructions on proper lifting techniques
– help create a program for you based on your needs and goals
– measure blood pressure and body composition
– provide Intramural Sport information
– provide group fitness class demos (schedule below)
4:30 – 4:45 Core Class Demo
5:00 – 5:30 Cycle Class Demo
5:30 – 6:00 Yoga Class Demo
We look forward to seeing you next Wednesday! Contact Kelly Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
We have two providers (New York Life Insurance and Washington National Insurance) providing guaranteed issue of life insurance (No medical questions and no physical).
- New York Life – all full time employees are eligible to purchase a whole life policy from $5,000 to a maximum of $200,000. On campus September 1, 10 & 14 in Lee Hall Room 412 from 9-5
- Washington National– all employees are eligible however guarantee issue up to $50,000 is contingent upon the enrollment of 74 employees. On campus in GW106 the week of August 10, In Lee Hall Room 412 on September 8, 15, 21, 29&30 and October 13, 14 &15.
Please think carefully about your life insurance beyond your UMW employment because our coverage is a term life insurance policy (if you leave employment before you are eligible to retire, your life insurance ends). (Link to impact on benefits due to separation – http://www.varetire.org/members/leaving-employment/impact-on-benefit-coverage.asp#life-insurance ) Full time employees may review information on the group basic life insurance benefit at http://www.varetire.org/employers/member-benefits/life-insurance/index.asp and if you are purchasing optional life insurance at http://www.varetire.org/employers/member-benefits/life-insurance/optional-group-life-insurance.asp (if you want to know your coverage amount you may contact Minnesota Life at 1-800-441-2258 or log into your MyVRS account (if you are a VRS Participant).
Save the date- The fall employee luncheon is set for Tuesday, October 13, 2015. MORE DETAILS to come.
A number of discounts are available through the Department of Human Resource Management including Kings Dominion, Great Wolf Lodge, Wyndham Hotels, and more: http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeediscounts.html
• FSA expenses are eligible for reimbursement based on the type of expense and the applicable coverage period. The coverage period is the period of time between the first day and last day of FSA plan coverage (7/1 to 6/30 of the following year).
• The July 1, 2015 pay date is the last contribution for the 2014-2015 plan year. Participants should be sure to include this deduction in their 2014-2015 reimbursement requests.
• Participants have three months from the termination or end of the plan year to file for FSA reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred during the coverage period.
• The FSA Card may not be used after June 30, 2015 to pay claims incurred during the July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015 plan year.
• Participants whose accounts end (ex. termination of employment or a status change) do not have access to the FSA Card after the account terminates. During the three-month run-out period participants can still submit paper claims by mail and/or FAX, and can receive assistance by calling the FSA Customer Service Line at 1-877-451-7244.
For everything ROTH, please click on the following link to view a brief video:
Excitement is building in Richmond for the UCI Road World Championships (Worlds) cycling event, which begins September 19. In anticipation of the event, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield has developed a new “Pedal To Health” interactive, online guide to bicycling. The guide is at anthem.com/pedaltohealth or here . It is available to COVA Care and COVA HDHP members as part of their health benefits. Information on a discount for bicycling gear can be found on the flier as well. So ride a bike for exercise and help the environment at the same time!