What’s New Posts
For those currently enrolled in either COVA Care or COVA HealthAware on July 1, 2013:
- If employee and/or enrolled spouses are currently receiving a premium reward, the reward will continue through June 30, 2015, without any additional action needed, as long as their enrollment in one of the plans continues.
- If the employee and/or the enrolled spouse were eligible for the reward but did not complete one or both of the actions, you will have another opportunity to do so by May 31, 2014, to begin receiving the premium reward effective July 1, 2014. You will need to complete the online health assessment and arrange for a biometric screening through www.myactivehealth.com/COVA .
- Online assessment can be completed by registering on the site, then complete the assessment.
- Biometric Screening – Two (2) ways to complete the biometric screening. You may print the form to take to your doctor or print the form to take to a LabCorp location that is convenient for you.
For employees enrolled in either COVA Care or COVA HealthAware effective August 1, 2013 through March 1, 2014:
- Employees and/or enrolled spouse can complete the two requirements above (online health assessment and biometric screening through www.myactivehealth.com/COVA) by May 31, 2014, in order to start receiving their premium rewards effective July 1, 2014. The reward will continue through June 30, 2015, as long as enrollment in one of the plans continues.
Details on Take Our Sons & Daughters to Work Day (Please make sure to have your supervisor’s permission to bring your son or daughter to work with you on April 24.)
See here for more information on the 457 Deferred Compensation Regional Meetings that are being presented.
VRS will conduct a Hybrid Retirement informational session on Monday, April 7 in Dodd Auditorium at 9:00 am. Attendees need to register at: https://form.varetire.org/s3/Hybrid-Retirement-Plan-Presentations-for-Members-2014 . If you are unable to attend you can view a Recorded Webinar at -http://www.varetire.org/members/education/schedule.asp?sect=4&topic=30.
Presentations by our Employee Assistance Program provider Anthem:
Leadership 101 – April 8 from 10: 00-11:00 am (Lee Hall 412)
Leadership is an important skill that every professional needs to be successful in today’s work environment. In this interactive workshop we will discuss: essential skills to improve your leadership abilities, motivation skills for your employees and strategies to strengthen your communication skills.
Making the Most of a Multi-Generational Workforce – May 1 from 2:00-3:00pm (GW, 106 )
This is an exciting topic and is the new “diversity” topic of today. For the first time in history, four generations may work together. This class will help you understand why each generation has certain identifiable characteristics and how to best work with each generation.
To register for the EAP sessions, please go to: https://covkc.virginia.gov/umw/Kview/CustomCodeBehind/Customization/Login/COV_Login.aspx
- Log into UMW Global
- Go into the Learning Center.
- Select Course Catalog.
- Enter the search terms: UMW, EAP.
- Click search.
- Click on the title of the course you are interested in registering for.
- Click on the title again in the new page that opened up for you.
- Click Enroll.
If you have any questions or need accommodations please contact Jennifer Cooper (email@example.com or x1046) in the Office of Human Resources.
Congratulations to those employees who have reached milestone years! Check out the list of April Service Award Recipients.
Students and faculty of UMW will receive a membership discount from Costco – this offer has been extended – details.
ATTENTION: Virginia Retirement System Plan 1 and Plan 2 Participants
The Special Edition of Member News is now available, which features information on the new Hybrid Retirement Plan. The VRS Hybrid Retirement Plan combines the features of a defined benefit plan, which pays a monthly retirement benefit based on age, total service credit and average final compensation, and a defined contribution plan, which provides a retirement benefit based on contributions and the investment performance of those contributions. Current Plan 1 and Plan 2 Participants may opt in during the opt-in period and plan changes will be effective July 1, 2014.
To view the Special Edition of Member News, please go to: http://varetire.org/pdf/publications/member-news-december-2013.pdf or view the Hybrid Retirement Plan site at http://www.varetire.org/members/benefits/hybrid/index.asp
VRS Participants ONLY – Your 2013 Member Benefit Profile (MBP) is available through your myVRS account.
What does this mean for you? The MBP is your online annual benefit statement based on information the University has reported to VRS as of June 30, 2013.
It’s an important resource for planning your future.
- Want to know how much money you have in your member account?
- Want to see an estimate of your monthly benefit when you retire, and
- when you can retire?
You will be able to find all this information in your 2013 Member Benefit Profile. http://www.varetire.org/pdf/publications/mbp-flyer-2013.pdf