What’s New Posts
Presentations by our Employee Assistance Program provider Anthem:
Communication Skills in the Workplace – July 30 from 1:30-2:30pm (Lee Hall 412 )
Communication is perhaps the most important skill to be effective in the workplace. This skill can be developed with practice. Learn how to find out the goal of a conversation; what to do before, during and after; and how to identify barriers and best practices.
Collaborative Customer Service – August 5 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am (Lee Hall 412)
Understand the challenges of delivering great customer service through useful, professional communication. We will talk about stress management related to working in customer service and final comments, action plans and evaluations.
To register for the EAP sessions, please go to: https://covkc.virginia.gov/umw/Kview/CustomCodeBehind/Customization/Login/COV_Login.aspx
- Log into UMW Global
- Go into the Learning Center.
- Select Course Catalog.
- Enter the search terms: UMW, EAP.
- Click search.
- Click on the title of the course you are interested in registering for.
- Click on the title again in the new page that opened up for you.
- Click Enroll.
If you have any questions or need accommodations please contact Jennifer Cooper (email@example.com or x1046) in the Office of Human Resources.
For some long-term health conditions, you may receive certain drugs or supplies at NO COST: http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/hbenefits/OpenEnrollment2014/MyActiveHealthFlyer.pdf
Congratulations to those employees who have reached milestone years! Check out the list of July Service Award Recipients.
A number of discounts are available through the Department of Human Resource Management: http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeediscounts.html
Discount tickets on sale and going fast for Patriot Center (Fairfax) – Disney flier.
Patriot Center September 18-21: Fairfax
Verizon Center September 4-7: Washington, DC
See here for health programs designed just for you, at no extra cost offered through 4 of our insurance plans` : ActiveHealthBrochure.
For those currently enrolled in either COVA Care or COVA HealthAware on July 1, 2013:
- If employee and/or enrolled spouses are currently receiving a premium reward, the reward will continue through June 30, 2015, without any additional action needed, as long as their enrollment in one of the plans continues.
- If the employee and/or the enrolled spouse were eligible for the reward but did not complete one or both of the actions, you will have another opportunity to do so by May 31, 2014, to begin receiving the premium reward effective July 1, 2014. You will need to complete the online health assessment and arrange for a biometric screening through www.myactivehealth.com/COVA .
- Online assessment can be completed by registering on the site, then complete the assessment.
- Biometric Screening – Two (2) ways to complete the biometric screening. You may print the form to take to your doctor or print the form to take to a LabCorp location that is convenient for you.
For employees enrolled in either COVA Care or COVA HealthAware effective August 1, 2013 through March 1, 2014:
- Employees and/or enrolled spouse can complete the two requirements above (online health assessment and biometric screening through www.myactivehealth.com/COVA) by May 31, 2014, in order to start receiving their premium rewards effective July 1, 2014. The reward will continue through June 30, 2015, as long as enrollment in one of the plans continues.