The mission of the Procurement Services Department is to support the purpose and goals of the University of Mary Washington, of providing a superior public liberal arts education – by assisting the University community in the procurement of high quality goods and services at competitive prices.
We achieve our mission by:
- offering excellence in customer service and engagement through valued connections with campus departments and clients;
- actively promoting sustainable partnerships with the vendor community that strengthens our continued endeavor for diversity;
- maintaining a commitment to exceptional financial stewardship and fiscal responsibility,
- striving for continuous innovation;
- exhibiting personal and professional integrity;
- supporting professional development; and
- creating or using strategic sourcing opportunities.
Procurement shall be carried out in an effective, economical, fair and impartial manner. All procurement, regardless of fund sources, shall be subject to the laws and regulation of the Rules Governing Procurement of Goods, Services, Insurance, and Construction by a Public Institution of Higher Education of the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Commonwealth of Virginia Procurement Manual for Institutions of Higher Education and their Vendors, and University procedures.
Procurement Services shall be the central university contracting office, led by the Director of Procurement Services and Chief Procurement Officer.
No employee shall contractually commit the University.
Authority to sign contracts for the University is formally delegated through the Procurement Services Office. Such delegations shall include the training needed to assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to uphold the integrity of the University. Departments may contact the Procurement Services Office for appropriate contract review and signature