Faculty Course Material Adoption Dates
Course material adoption due dates are as follows:
- Summer adoption date has passed: March 18, 2016
- Fall Adoptions: April 10, 2016
If you are using the same books in the summer or fall as used this spring, it is important to get adoptions in on time so that the textbook department can purchase these books from students during UMW’s textbook buyback, April 25-29, and replenish the store inventory of used books to contain costs for students.
Course Material information and requisition can be found here.
The last day to use Department Charges in the Bookstore for FY16 is May 20, 2016.
Help us celebrate the 26th Annual Multicultural Fair on Saturday, April 9. Store hours are 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., or visit our booth on Campus Walk while taking in the sights and sounds of the fair!
UMW Book Club
The next book club meeting will be in the Bookstore on April 20 at noon. We will be reading All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Contract Margaret Mock, x1017, if you have any questions.
New shirts available in the Bookstore for $27.99!
Year End Cut-off Dates
The end of the fiscal year is fast approaching! Please keep in mind some of the following deadlines:
- End of year purchases: May 6
- SPCC Billing Cycle ends: May 13
Consult the Year-End calendar for more information.
Free Lance-Star Ads
There is a new payment process for advertisement with the Free Lance-Star, effective April 1. The may be paid with SPCC or Finance cards. Visit the Accounts Payable website for more details.
Contract Administrator Training
Please log in to UMW Global and complete the “2016 UMW Contract Administration Training” course no later than the first of May. The course provides CAs with a review of their responsibilities and limitations, as well as a brief look into Cobblestone’s abilities. To pass the quiz at the end of the program you must score at least 80%. If you have any questions, please contact Brittany Miller, x1127.
Recent Campus Contract Activity
Procurement Services is working in conjunction with many campus departments to support current projects.
- HCC Data Center monitoring and maintenance–under evaluation
- Financial Aid Banner consulting–under evalutation
- Domain reseller and hosting–on the street
- International Insurance–under evaluation
- Architect/Engineering Term Contracts (small projects)–under evaluation
- Dahlgren Parking Lot Expansion–intent to award
- Goolrick roof replacement–under evaluation
- Building Repair and Alteration Services–on the street
- Boiler Plant Steam and Distribution Systems maintenance and repair–awarded
- Compost for Dahlgren–in process
- Gold Card–Awarded
- ESCO Energy Service Provider selection process–underway
- FY16 Equipment Trust Fund purchases–complete
Central Stores bids farewell to John Romine, who will retire on April 15. We wish him a wonderful retirement! Thanks for your service, John!
Mary Frances Gallagher will join the procurement team as the new Fixed Assets Coordinator. Welcome, Mary Frances!
Pepsi March Madness Continues!
There are still winning stickers randomly placed on drink bottles in vending machines around campus. Be sure to check your vend drink for a sticker. Bring the empty bottle with sticker attached to the EagleOne Card Center, Lee Hall 110, M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sticker amount will be deposited to your EagleOne card.
Sponsored by Pepsi.
Did you know that the Post Office saved the University over $17,000 last year with Mail discounts? The Post Office might be able to help you save money. Call x1049 to find out more!
Wishing you all a happy spring!
Supporting UMW Success!