December 2020 Updates

When will I get my EagleOne campus ID?

EagleOne staff is tentatively planning to have a table set up on Campus Walk during residential student move in.  There will be more information to come!  Please check back soon!

What if I missed the deadline to upload my photo?

The photo upload portal is still open so please submit now. If you have difficulty submitting your photo, please contact us at eagleone@umw.edu.

If my classes are all online, do I need an EagleOne campus ID?

Once you return to campus you will want to contact the EagleOne Card Center and arrange to get your EagleOne campus ID so you will have access to the Library, Hurley Convergence Center, Athletic facilities, etc.

How can I make an appointment with the EagleOne Card Center once campus reopens?

Use the appointment request form on our website https://adminfinance.umw.edu/eagleone/ or email us at eagleone@umw.edu.


How do I get an EagleOne card?

Come to the card office M-F 8AM-5PM, Lee Hall Room 110.  A valid, government issued photo id is required.

Who is Eligibile?


New, continuing, or returning students may obtain an ID upon verification of enrollment by the card office staff.


Requires a signed form from the Department of Human Resources and a photo ID.**Please note that it takes 24 hours from new employee orientation for information to be input into the ID Database.

The Photo ID Office recommends a faculty/staff person call 654-1005 prior to heading to the card office to ensure their information appears in the system.

Is there any cost associated with the card?

Your first University ID card is issued to you at no cost. This card is valid throughout your entire academic career at the University of Mary Washington.  Replacement cards can be issued, but a fee may apply.

Where is the EagleOne Card Center located?

The Card Center is located in Lee Hall room 110. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am-5pm

What is the EagleOne Card?

The EagleOne Card is your University identification card; it accesses residence halls, dining plans, and contains a stored value account. The EagleOne Card serves many purposes and should be carried at all times. If you are an enrolled and active student at the University of Mary Washington, you have an EagleOne stored value account that funds can be added to. An EagleOne account has already been established and linked to the card prior to receiving it. Using your EagleOne card at various locations on campus eliminates the need to carry cash, write numerous checks or use a bank credit card.

How do I add money to my EagleOne account?

  • Online Card office
  • EagleOne Card Center (Lee Hall room 110), (540) 654-1005
  • Or by Mail to: ATTN: EagleOne Card Center, University of Mary Washington, 1301 College Avenue, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 **Please do not send cash through the mail**

What if I lose my EagleOne Card?

All lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the police non emergency number (540-654-1025) AND invalidated online at the online card office, or in person at the EagleOne Card Center during normal business hours.

Students must come to the EagleOne Card Center to re-activate a card or to purchase a new card.

Where can I use my EagleOne Card?

Your EagleOne Stored Value Account can be used at these locations

On Campus:

  • University Center Dining Halls
  • The Eagle’s Nest & Vocelli Pizza & Simply To Go Market
  • Student Catering
  • University Health Center
  • The UMW Bookstore
  • Klein Theatre
  • Drink Machines
  • Snack Machines
  • University Post Office
  • The Copy Center
  • Pay to Print locations
  • Simpson and Stafford Libraries
  • Some Events & Fundraisers with SAE
  • Cashier’s Office for incidentals.  **Payments over $250.00 will incur fees.

Off Campus:

  • Chipotle Mexican Grill 3051 Plank Road Fredericksburg, VA  and 1601 Route 1, Fredericksburg , VA
  • CVS Pharmacy 5901 Route 1 Fredericksburg VA
  • Greens & Grains Cafe in Eagle Village Fredericksburg, VA
  • IHOP 2831 Plank Road Fredericksburg, VA
  • McDonalds 1212 Route 1 Fredericksburg, VA
  • Patriot Subs in Eagle Village Fredericksburg, VA
  • Sheetz 2001 Carl D. Silver Parkway Fredericksburg, VA
  • Subway 525A Route 1  Fredericksburg, VA
  • Weis 515 Route 1, Fredericksburg, VA

Do I need a new EagleOne card each year I attend UMW?

No. Your EagleOne Card is valid as long as you are an active student.

Does the EagleOne Card have any fees attached?

There is no fee for using the card, however, there is a $20.00 replacement fee for any cards lost, stolen, or damaged.

Can cash be withdrawn from the EagleOne Card?

No. The funds in the EagleOne account are only valid on campus and at participating off campus locations.

Can I request a refund from my deposits to the EagleOne Debit Account?

Refunds will be given upon written request only if a student graduates, transfers or withdrawals.  Employees may submit a written request for a refund upon separation of employment.

Who can I call if there is a problem with my EagleOne Card?

You can call the EagleOne Card Center at 540-654-1005 or email at eagleone@umw.edu.  **Access and meal plan issues for students should be directed to the Office of Residence Life.  Access requests for Faculty & Staff must be submitted to the University’s Security Department.