Amphitheater

(Status: Completed)

A long-cherished campus location whose construction dates from 1923, the Heslep Amphitheater and Morris Stage site was recently repaired and upgraded allowing it to retain its attraction as a quiet wooded campus park, while continuing to serve as a flexible outdoor academic facility. In addition to a sensitive historic renovation, the inclusion of barrier-free access paths, seating, and newly constructed restroom facilities ensure that the Amphitheatre remains a rich piece of the University’s fabric.

The judicious and farsighted assessment, preservation, and enhancement of the wooded environs surrounding the Amphitheatre, including a natural perennial stream channel, were integral aspects of the project.