Repair/Replace Underground Utilities Phase II is focused on improvements to various steam and water systems on the Fredericksburg Campus. The five major work areas are:
- Woodard Hall where extensive steam work will be performed;
- Ball Circle where a new steam line will be run from Virginia Hall to Ball Hall;
- Ball Hall where the steam line will continue towards Westmoreland and George Washington Halls and crosses Campus Walk to the lawn in front of Mason and Randolph Halls;
- Campus Walk where a new waterline will be run from Virginia Hall to the Bell Tower; and
- 5) Jefferson Square where a new waterline will be placed in front of Combs Hall and then run behind Jefferson Hall.
The general contractor, Athena, is currently mobilizing and will begin work the week of May 10, 2021. Work is expected to continue throughout the summer with some portions of the work extending into the Fall semester.
Progress, outages, and general announcements related to this project can be found at Underground Utilities Construction Updates.