All UMW classified staff, full-time teaching faculty, A/P faculty and wage staff are eligible to receive a 3% pay increase in FY 18 as described below:
Classified staff and A/P faculty
- Classified staff and A/P faculty hired on or before April 10, 2017 and remaining employed as of July 10, 2017 will receive a 3% base pay increase effective July 10, 2017, provided they received a rating of at least “Contributor” or satisfactory on their last performance evaluation or more recent interim evaluation. *
- Pay Increases for classified staff and A/P faculty will appear in their paychecks beginning August 1, 2017.
- The amount of the increase will be prorated for part-time and quasi-full-time salaried staff who are working less than twelve months per year or less than 100% full time (40 hours per week or equivalent) on July 10, 2017.
- Classified staff in high turnover roles listed below, as determined by the state ,as of June 10, 2017 and remaining employed as of September 10, 2017, will receive an additional 2% base increase effective September 10, 2017. This additional increase will appear in paychecks beginning September 29, 2017. Staff receiving this additional increase will be contacted directly by the Office of Human Resources by June 30, after confirmation of eligibility.
- Housekeeping and/or Apparel Worker I – 79071
- Registered Nurse I – 49112
- Registered Nurse II/Nurse Practitioner I – 49113
*Supervisors of staff hired after the last official evaluation period for classified or A/P faculty will be contacted to provide an interim review, if needed.
Full-Time Teaching Faculty
- Full-time teaching faculty hired on or before April 10, 2017 and returning August 16, 2017 will receive a 3% base salary increase effective August 16, 2017; additional increases were provided to some faculty in order to address salary compression and to make progress in meeting market benchmarks for faculty salaries; these increases were described in President Paino’s email to all faculty on May 16, 2017; all faculty should have now received their salary notification letters.
- Increases for full-time teaching faculty will appear in their paychecks beginning September 1, 2017.
- The scale used to compensate adjunct faculty has been increased for the first time since 2012. Revised adjunct pay steps, representing a 4.5% increase in compensation per credit hour taught, will be in effect starting in fall 2017.
- All wage staff who were employed in positions as of April 10, 2017 and remaining employed on July 10 will receive the 3% pay increase effective July 10, 2017.
- This increase will appear in paychecks beginning August 4, 2017.
Part or all of the salary increase may be deferred, subject to relevant plan guidelines and limitations. Please see FAQs for detailed guidance to enroll in or change contribution amounts for the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan or the 403b Pre-tax Annuity.