The University of Mary Washington is implementing a new payment policy effective Fall 2019.
Students are expected to pay their Student Account bill by the due date. August 5, 2019 will be the due date of the first Fall 2019 bills. In addition, students are expected to have any additional charges resolved by the established drop dates below.
Any student with a balance due greater than $1,000.00 on the Non-payment Notification and Registration Cancellation Date (cancellation date) will be administratively cancelled from classes. Those students with housing/meal charges will also have their agreement voided.
Note: Once an administrative cancellation for non-payment occurs, there is no guarantee that payment will secure the same classes or housing assignments. Students who have housing and meal contracts and are cancelled after the start of the semester will be financially responsible for pro-rated housing and meal charges.
Non-payment Notification and Registration Cancellation Dates:
|Fall 2019||August 8, 2019||Based only on billed charges over $1,000|
|Fall 2019||August 27, 2019||All unpaid charges over $1,000|
|Spring 2020||January 7, 2020||Based only on billed charges over $1,000|
|Spring 2020||January 14, 2020||All unpaid charges over $1,000|
Payment is expected prior to the cancellation dates.
Students who have a balance (after their anticipated financial aid is calculated) will be required to pay the balance in full or enroll in the University approved payment plan to avoid possible cancellation of their classes.
In order for anticipated aid to be considered in your payment calculation, all documentation (including verification paperwork) must be received by Financial Aid no later than June 1, 2019.
Students can choose two payment options:
- Payment in full of the remaining balance owed, after all anticipated aid is taken into consideration
- Enrollment in the Installment Payment Plan to cover any remaining balance owed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students who do not pay their balance in full or enroll in the University approved payment plan by the published cancellation dates above, will have their class schedule cancelled. Students intending to withdraw MUST complete the Registrar’s withdrawal process and not depend on the administrative cancellation for non-payment process to remove them from their classes.
Other Important Dates – Fall 2019:
|June 1, 2019||Deadline for completion of the 2019-20 FAFSA and submission of any required documentation|
|July 15, 2019||
Anticipated bill available on EaglePAY.
Note: In order for parents to be able to see this bill, the student must have granted them Authorized Payer access prior to this date.
|August 5, 2019||Payment Deadline|
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When can I fill out my FAFSA for the 2019-20 academic year?
Now! You can complete it online through FAFSA.
- Where can I sign up for the payment plan?
The option to sign up for a payment plan is within EaglePAY.
- Once I enroll in the payment plan, will it keep me enrolled for every semester?
No, you will need to enroll each semester within EaglePAY.
- Fall payment plans open toward the end of May
- Spring payment plans open around mid October
- What happens if I set a payment plan with the estimated amounts and the actual charges on the account come in over or under my estimated amounts?
At a certain point after the start of classes, the payment plan self-adjusts to the actual balance on the account. To learn more, please click on this link to read more about payment plans.
- Where can I get information about my financial aid?
Visit the Office of Financial Aid in Lee Hall.
- Is there a place I can find more information about scholarships I can apply for?
- What if I am selected for verification after I complete my FAFSA by the deadline? Will my aid not be considered in my bill for the fall semester?
To be considered in your payment calculation, all documentation (including verification paperwork) must be received by Financial Aid no later than June 1, 2019.
- Where can I find a description of Tuition and Mandatory Fees?
On the Student Accounts website: Tuition and Fees