The University of Mary Washington (UMW) is a state agency; as such, insurance is provided through the Commonwealth of Virginia Risk Management Plan. The Office of Administration and Finance works closely with representatives in Virginia’s Division of Risk Management (DRM) to handle risk management inquiries and claims for UMW.
The Commonwealth Risk Management Plan provides coverage for:
- Automobile Liability Coverage for UMW owned vehicles and rental cars used for official university business or travel.
- Automobile Physical Damage Coverage for UMW owned vehicles.
- Property Loss/Damage Coverage for UMW owned property.
- General Liability Coverage for injury or property damage resulting from negligence on the part of UMW.
- Professional and Medical Malpractice Liability for UMW and its employees as well as agents of the Commonwealth “for action arising out of the performance of required job duties.” This also includes university employed medical staff.
- Faithful Performance of Duty Bond and Crime Bond.
- Workers Compensation Coverage (administered by Human Resources).
Click here to access the UMW Risk Management Handbook. Please contact the Office of Administration and Finance regarding Risk Management questions.