Post Office and Campus Mail Delivery
The following is an important message from the UMW Post Office concerning COVID19:
For the safety of our staff and customers, the UMW Post Office has implemented new procedures for mail pick up and drop off.
- Additional cleaning procedures and plexi-glass has been installed for everyone’s protection.
- Mask are required whenever inside of a building.
- Maintain 10’ of separation while in line.
- Wait to be called to the window for assistance.
- Only one (1) person will be allowed at the window for package pick up/drop off at a time.
- Once you have given your name, mailbox number and shown Photo ID you will be asked to retrieve your package on the table at the back door.
- Follow the directional signs for 1 way in and out.
- Only five (5) people allowed into the mailbox area at a time.
All mail will be returned to sender after 30 days unless you email the UMW PO at email@example.com and make arrangements to have your mail sent to your current address. This option is only available if you have money on your EagleOne card.
USPS regulations do not allow us to forward any mail. You cannot fill out a mail forwarding form with the USPS as UMW is considered a business. You must let your correspondence know about your address change.
If you have a subscription for re-occurring deliveries PLEASE make sure you go and change that address.
Faculty & Staff:
Delivery times and locations for the faculty and staff mail run have changed. Effective 3/18/2020, mail for buildings designated as essential will be sorted by department, and delivered to one location within each of the following buildings:
Eagle Village – Ste 480
George Washington Hall – Rm 111
Hurley Convergence Center*
Jepson Alumni Executive Center*
Lee Hall – Student Services Center
*Indicates the need for one building representative to contact the UMW PO (540-654-1049 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) to arrange a mail delivery location and schedule.
If your building is not listed above, there are two options for receiving campus mail:
1) One representative for your department should contact the UMW Post Office and schedule preferred delivery days to a single location in your building.
2) Department representatives may plan to pick up mail at the UMW Post Office window between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
UPS and Fed Ex Deliveries
UPS and FedEx will attempt to deliver to the recipient on the shipping label. In the event that no one is available to receive these deliveries, after the last attempt the packages will be delivered to the UMW Post Office instead of being returned to sender. The UMW Post Office will notify the recipient via the package tracking system that their package is there and they can make arrangements to get their package.
If you have any questions, please contact Pam Cannon at 540-654-1049 or email@example.com, or Amme Mahler Snipes at 540-654-2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.