Becoming a member of Finance requires a commitment to invest in the training necessary to adhere to and abide by internal and state policies and procedures. Look to this site for Finance-related instruction and communications.
Fundamentals Class Description
This class is required before participating in Banner and eVA training or as an introduction into Finance for those individuals desiring an overview of their department’s operations.
During class we will review the following:
- Fundamentals of Finance Requirements
- EWP information and how to access EWP (Position Description) through Careers
- MyTime Introduction
- Appropriate security forms
- UMW Learning Center for SPCC
- Financial Systems
- FOAPAL Elements
- Budget Reports
- Banner 9 and Banner SSB
- Websites to assist with questions related to Business and Finance.
- Location of Finance Training materials.
- Finance Training Classes and their relationship to Job Duties
- Training, refresher training, profile maintenance, security, and deadlines
- Adherence to state and internal policy and procedures, and communications.
- Identity security – asking for identification when not familiar with an employee.
- Welcome to WORKS documentation and process
- Meet your Procurement Services contacts
- Purchasing with eVA and the SPCC