University of Mary Washington
Cardinal Human Capital Management (or Cardinal Payroll) is a new, statewide upgrade of the Payroll system.
The Commonwealth of Virginia currently uses CIPPS, an application created in 1986, to run Payroll across the state. Cardinal Payroll is designed to replace CIPPS and modernize Virginia’s Payroll system. The system will allow Payroll to maintain employee payroll data and run payroll processes. Certain Human Resources processes will interface to Cardinal.
Cardinal Payroll is currently in the “testing” phase, with initial go-live in April of 2018. Final release will be in October of 2018.
The implementation of Cardinal Payroll is part of a larger integration of upgraded systems. In 2016, Finance, Accounting, and Accounts Payable processes across the state switched from the aging CARS system to the new Cardinal system.
Overall Cardinal Project Resources
- Letter from Commonwealth of VA Office of the Comptroller
- Cardinal Kickoff Presentation
- Agency Readiness Status (As of 09/11/2017)
Human Capital Management (Cardinal Payroll) Resources
- Cardinal Payroll Introduction – 09/2016
- Cardinal Change Network Launch – 10/2016
- Agency Interface Kickoff – 11/2016
- Cardinal Change Network Meeting #2 – 05/2017
- Cardinal Interface Meeting – 06/2017