As an agency of The Commonwealth of Virginia, UMW annually certifies compliance with The Department of Accounts (DOA) Agency Risk Management and Internal Control Standards (ARMICS). Specifications are available within DOA’s CAPP Topic 10305, Internal Control.
ARMICS is an ongoing process to provide reasonable assurance of both internal controls and fiscal accountability, and to safeguard the Commonwealth’s assets. This process results in:
- A strong internal control environment
- Effective and efficient operations
- Reliable financial reporting
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Responsible stewardship of public assets
Please review the ARMICS Summary for further information.
One component of ARMICS certification is an all campus survey, sent to faculty and staff, every three years. The results of UMW’s 2019 All Campus Survey can be viewed here.