PARKING MANAGEMENT DIVISION
VAN FAMILIARIZATION CLASS
This class is required for all UMW students wishing to drive State owned vehicles for university recognized events.
Topics covered include:
- A brief overview of UMW Rules and Regulations while driving a state owned vehicle.
- A review of Safe driving practices and hands on (behind the wheel) driving and reversing experience, using student spotter(s) in parking lots.
- Procedures to follow for refueling vans.
- Procedures to follow for mechanical repairs.
- Procedures for reporting accidents.
Requirements for Van Familiarization Class:
- A valid driver’s license will be needed at time of class
- Out of state drivers are required to submit a certified driving record from their home state at time of request form submission
- Don’t wear sandals to class (Shoes or Sneakers only)
- Completed ONLINE FORM
- Contact Jean Elliot if you need ADA accommodation.
Classes are held on Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the Physical Plant Building (on Hanover Street), behind the Athletic Field Complex.
Class size is limited to 6 students per session and begins promptly at 4:00 p.m., late arrivals and unscheduled individuals will be turned away. If you miss your scheduled time, you will need to submit a new application and will be rescheduled and treated as a new applicant. Please contact the Parking Management Office if you need to reschedule PRIOR to the class day and time.
Please Note: Students who have completed the Van Familiarization Class but have NOT been approved to drive state-owned vehicles must wait 60 days before reapplying.
Please complete the ONLINE FORM to be scheduled for a class.
Please call 540-654-1129 or e-mail Jean Elliot at email@example.com for more information.