In accordance with University of Mary Washington’s Parking Regulations, freshman residential students are restricted from obtaining a parking permit on campus.
A limited number of exceptions will be considered for freshman students who live long distance (over 300 miles from campus). If space allows, other reasons for requesting an exception may be taken into consideration (view program details here: Freshman Long Distance Parking Procedures).
- Applicants should be enrolled Freshmen.
- Applicants granted an exception will park on the 5th level of the Eagle Landing Parking Deck.
- The cost for the decal is $375.
- Exceptions can be made for employment provided there is a need and public transportation schedule is not compatible with working hours. Exceptions will not be made for convenience purposes.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee an exception to park on campus. Applicants should not bring a vehicle to campus unless they have been granted an exception and have purchased a permit.
- Applicants are reminded of the Fredericksburg’s public transportation service, which is free to UMW students.
- Application deadline is August 4 for the 2022-23 academic year.