The forms listed below are available for you to download.

Please note: You will need a copy of the free Adobe Reader to access these forms.

Address/Name Change

When a student changes his/her name or mailing address, a Change of Name/Address form must be completed and filed either with the UMW Office of the Registrar at the Fredericksburg campus or Stafford campus. A name change cannot be processed unless legal documentation (i.e. copy of marriage license) is presented.

Address/Name Change

Supplemental Application for In-State Tuition Appeal

At Mary Washington, the initial determination of eligibility for in-state tuition charges will be made on the basis of the information provided on the Virginia In-State Tuition Form, which has been completed by the applicant or, if appropriate, by the applicant and the applicant’s parent or legal guardian. The initial determination is made at the time the application for undergraduate, graduate or non-degree course study is processed. If the information provided does not support the applicant’s claim of eligibility for in-state tuition charges, the applicant will be classified as a non-Virginian, and notification of such decision will be made within ten (10) working days from the date the processing of the application is completed.

If the student or, where appropriate, the parent/legal guardian has additional information to support a claim of eligibility for in-state tuition charges, the student/parent/legal guardian must complete the Supplemental Application for Virginia In-State Tuition Rates, which can be found below.  The completed application with appropriate supporting documents should be forwarded to the chair of the Virginia In-State Tuition Committee, George Washington Hall, University of Mary Washington, 1301 College Avenue, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401-5300.

Supplemental Application for In-State Tuition Appeal Form

Tuition Appeal

Students may appeal to the University of Mary Washington Tuition Appeal Committee for the removal of tuition and mandatory fees or late fee charges on their student accounts for extenuating circumstances. Students must file an appeal within 30 days of the original bill date for the charges or within 30 days of the student withdrawal from the University. Charges on accounts from Residence Life, Simpson Library, or Parking Management should be appealed through that specific office.

The Appeal Committee will not make any decisions that contradict academic information. All Offices will work to keep financial and academic information consistent. Any UMW tuition and fee appeals that would cause inconsistencies between academic and financial information will be decided in conjunction with the University Registrar.

If an appeal is approved, the Committee will decide what action is to be taken. The appealed charge(s) may be either reduced or entirely canceled while prorated refunds are still granted under the normal UMW refund policy. Appealed refunds granted after the last day to receive a prorated refund under the normal refund policy will not exceed 50%. The decision of the committee is final.

The student must submit the Tuition Appeal Form to the Office of Student Accounts within the allotted time period. Students must provide official supporting documentation. Appeals submitted without the appropriate supporting documentation will be denied. Appeals will ONLY be accepted from the student unless the extenuating circumstance in question prohibits the student from being able to do so.

The Appeal Committee will meet as needed. All decisions or requests for more information will be sent to the student’s UMW email account. The student will be required to submit any requested information within two weeks of the request.

Tuition Appeal

Senior Citizen Waiver

A legal resident of Virginia 60 years of age or older shall be permitted under regulations prescribed by the State Council of Higher Education to (1) register for and enroll free of charge in courses as a full-time or part-time student for academic credit if such citizen has an individual taxable income not exceeding $23,850 for federal income tax purposes for the year preceding the year in which the enrollment is sought, (2) register for and audit courses offered for academic credit, and (3) register for and enroll in non-credit courses in any state institution of higher education in this Commonwealth on a space-available basis.

Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver