Procurement Services is the central University contracting office, led by the Director of Procurement Services and Chief Procurement Officer.
Mission & Departmental Objective
The mission of the Procurement Services Department is to support the purpose and goals of the University of Mary Washington, of providing a superior public liberal arts education – by assisting the University community in the procurement of high quality goods and services at competitive prices.
We achieve our mission by:
- offering excellence in customer service and engagement through valued connections with campus departments and clients;
- actively promoting sustainable partnerships with the vendor community that strengthens our continued endeavor for diversity;
- maintaining a commitment to exceptional financial stewardship and fiscal responsibility,
- striving for continuous innovation;
- exhibiting personal and professional integrity;
- supporting professional development; and
- creating or using strategic sourcing opportunities.
The Procurement Services Department assists the University community in the procurement of all goods and services. Procurement shall be carried out in an effective, economical, fair and impartial manner. All procurement, regardless of fund sources, shall be subject to the laws and regulation of the Governing Rules, the Commonwealth of Virginia Purchasing Manual for Institutions of Higher Education and their Vendors, and University Policy.
UMW Procurement organizational memberships include: