The following optional benefits are available to part-time wage/hourly employees at UMW:
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Tax-Deferred Annuity (TDA) and 403b Providers List
- The 403(b) Universal Availability Notice is available for your review.
- Tuition waiver policy: After one year of employment
- Provider Network: guide to finding providers, plans, and services that best fit the needs of you and your family. Effective 7/1/2015, a new .15 Administrative Fee is being accessed each pay period to employees with a post-tax payroll deduction administered under the Supplemental Insurance and Annuities program. The post-tax deduction is for voluntary insurances (such as AFLAC, Legal Resources, Liberty Mutual, etc.).
- U.S. Savings Bonds: The U. S. Department of Treasury has announced it is eliminating the option to purchase paper savings bonds through payroll deduction as part of an environmental and cost-saving initiative. The move from paper to electronic transactions will increase reliability, safety, and security for participants and recipients. For more information, visit TreasuryDirect. Participants who wish to continue purchasing U. S. Savings Bonds are encouraged to do so through TreasuryDirect, a web-based system for purchasing and holding electronic savings bonds. TreasuryDirect allows purchasers to arrange automatic debits from their own bank accounts to purchase bonds. For more information, visit TreasuryDirect.
- Save with Virginia529