The UMW Finance Card for Agency Funds may be used to make purchases that are funded with 8 Funds, which is a Banner Fund that begins with an “8”. (EXCEPTION: The Finance Card CANNOT be used for Banner funding sources 8910 and 8911.)
If you hold a UMW Finance Card that has your name on it, use your Card for the Agency 8 Fund purchase, following your own Finance-approved internal procedures that are required. HOWEVER, remember that UMW Finance Cards are issued to individuals for specific reasons based upon specific job requirements, therefore, when an individual wants to use the Card outside of those specific reasons, written approval from Accounts Payable is required PRIOR to making the purchase. This written approval can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The written approval must be included with the Cardholder documentation, as part of the internal procedures specific to your Card.
If you do NOT hold a UMW Finance Card with your name on it AND you want to take advantage of contracts in eVA using NON-State/Local Funds, choose the UMW Finance Card within eVA as an OBO order and follow procedures found at the TESS website.
If you do NOT hold a UMW Finance Card with your name on it AND you want to make a purchase using NON-State/Local Funds for goods/services/travel, including an Over-the-Counter (OTC) purchase, follow these procedures:
- Email email@example.com and give your department name, the item(s) you plan to purchase, the purpose, the Banner FOAP being charged, and the date you wish to check out the UMW Finance Card. If your purchase involves any TRAVEL items/services, be sure to include the PDF of the Travel Pre-Approval in Chrome River.
NOTE #1: If you are traveling with students, please ignore these directions and follow instructions found at Other Student Travel.
Note #2: If you are having a Business Meal, ignore these directions and follow instructions found at Business Meals.
- Accounts Payable (AP) will review the request and will provide an email response. If approved for use, AP will include the Cashier’s Office on the email response. AP will also advise if other Finance forms are needed, such as a PDF of the Chrome River Travel Pre-Approval, for example.
- When you are ready to make your approved purchase, take a copy of the email to the Cashier’s Office in Lee Hall 206 and ask the Cashier for the UMW Finance Card. NOTE: To ensure availability of a Card, contact the Cashier’s office ahead of time to coordinate.
- The Cashier will give you a UMW Finance Card Agreement to sign. Read it carefully.
- After you have made your purchase, you should IMMEDIATELY submit the UMW Finance Card and ALL ORIGINAL, DETAILED, ITEMIZED receipts to the Cashier.
- The Cashier will review on-line the swiped charges made on the Card and will require receipts for all transactions on the Card during the time you had the Card checked out. If you fail to produce a receipt for a charge on the Card, you will be asked to make a deposit to UMW for the charge. The Cashier will give you a receipt and will attach a copy of the receipt to the paperwork to show repayment to UMW was made. Any disputes will be handled with the Accounts Payable Manager or the Associate Vice President for Finance. If you refuse to repay UMW for an inappropriate expense, Accounts Payable will file paperwork to have the money withheld from your paycheck or added to your Student Account, and you will not have the privilege of using this Card again.
- The Cashier will scan receipts involving OVERNIGHT travel to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. (The Cashier will NOT scan regular business meals that do NOT involve overnight travel. Payables needs to review overnight-related travel receipts for lodging to ensure the rates are good, and they need to review any meals that were purchased during overnight travel to eliminate the possibility of the traveler submitting for a meal per diem already provided by UMW on the UMW Finance Card.)
- The Cashier will submit all forms and receipts to the Accounts Payable Office. If Accounts Payable finds any unallowable expenses, Accounts Payable will ask you to deposit money at the Cashier’s Office. Accounts Payable will attach the receipt of your repayment/deposit to the credit card statement as proof of money deposited. If you refuse to deposit the money, Accounts Payable will file paperwork to have the money withheld from your paycheck or added to your Student Account, and you will not have the privilege of using this Card again.
UMW Finance Card violation consequences are found at Card Violation Consequences.