Always use the website for forms EACH TIME TO ENSURE LATEST VERSION.
If having difficulty opening a form, right click to Save Link As on your computer and then open using Adobe. If that doesn’t work, use this document How to Open Adobe Forms (Word doc) and contact the UMW Help Desk if you still can’t open the form.
Table of Contents
- Travel Pre-Approval & Reimbursement (Travel AND Non-Travel) Requests
- Invoice for Direct Pay Request Form
- Business Meal and Food Approval Form
- Gift Log Form
- Research Participant Payment Form
- Entertainment Forms
- Commonwealth of Virginia Substitute W-9 Form (for U.S. entities)
- For FOREIGN ENTITIES–IRS Withholding Form
- UMW Finance Card Agreements and FORMS
NOTE ABOUT ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES: The Commonwealth of Virginia accepts electronic signatures only if the form is signed using a program such as DocuSign or Adobe Signature. These programs have an audit trail that is accessible if needed at a later time for audit purposes. If the individual just types directly into the form, it is not accepted.
Login to Chrome River at this link to complete Travel Pre-Approvals and ANY reimbursement requests (travel and non-travel). This link will take you to the main Chrome River website that has detailed information, including links to video tutorials on how to use Chrome River.
A Travel Pre-Approval is required when:
- An employee, student or guest of the University travels overnight.
- An employee, student or guest of the University has DAY-ONLY travel that EXCEEDS $500.
- Payment is made to a lodging facility.
- Payment is made for a conference or registration fee where travel is involved and the total cost for the travel, including the conference or registration fee, exceeds $500.
Pre-Approvals should be completed and fully approved PRIOR to any travel purchases. If dates show that the Pre-Approval was done after the purchase, an explanation will need to be provided in Chrome River. See FAQs for details.
Download PDF version
This form must be used to request payment for the following:
- Non-Employee Cash Award (UMW Student Employees can be paid cash awards using this form.)
- University Refund (Refunds are NOT the same as Reimbursements. See the “University Refunds” section on the Direct Pay Table for details.)
- Direct Pay Requests for Honoraria, Non-Employee Cash Awards, and University Refunds that are split-coded OUTSIDE of your FOAPAL security
Download PDF version
Required to be completed and approved prior to the meal/food purchase. If you need guidance for payment or requirements, contact email@example.com. Always use the website for forms each time to ensure latest version. Contact the UMW Help Desk if you can’t open a form.
Be sure to read the regulations at the Business Meals website to avoid out-of-pocket expenses. If you plan to be reimbursed for ANY meals OTHER THAN meals when traveling overnight, this form must be completed and you must submit ORIGINAL, DETAILED, ITEMIZED, receipts that shows items served–NOT just a credit card sales slip with the total amount paid.
Download PDF version
This Gift Log Form must be used for any gifts that are given from UMW. (This form is NOT to be used for employee job performance recognition; contact Human Resources for employee recognition policies.) If multiple pages are needed, print multiple pages and complete. NOTE: Electronic signatures are not permitted. The form MUST be completed as directed within the policy. Read “Gift Giving Policy and Procedures” for details. This completed Gift Log Form, along with a DETAILED, ITEMIZED RECEIPT, must be submitted to Accounts Payable (AP) within 15 days from the date the gift is purchased. Any gift must be distributed within 15 days from the date the gift is purchased.
Download PDF version
See the Research Participant Payment website for details.
Commonwealth of Virginia Substitute W-9 Form (for U.S. entities) OR applicable IRS Withholding form (for foreign entities)
In order to receive payment from UMW, US citizens, residents, and businesses may need to complete a Commonwealth of Virginia Substitute W-9 Form. Complete the Questionnaire at What is Required by UMW to make payment to a Vendor/Supplier/Payee (business or individual)? for guidance and instructions. Foreign citizens, residents, and companies may need to complete the appropriate IRS form for payments, including REIMBURSEMENTS, from UMW–See next grey box below for details.
US Citizen, US resident alien, US business or organization
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires UMW to obtain a signed W-9 from each individual who is a US citizen or US resident alien and from each corporation, company, partnership, or association created or organized in the US or under the US laws. The Commonwealth of Virginia has a substitute W-9 that is required in lieu of the IRS W-9.
PDF of COV W-9 SAMPLE Do NOT use this sample version for the COV W-9. This document is a sample to show which fields on the Commonwealth of Virginia Substitute W-9 Form are needed for payments to students and guests for payments OTHER THAN REIMBURSEMENTS.
Foreign individuals and businesses
In general, foreign individuals and businesses are subject to US tax at a 30% rate on income and/or reimbursements they receive from US sources. However, foreign individuals or businesses who wish to claim various exemptions from this withholding and to notify UMW of their foreign status are required to file a Withholding Certificate Form.
Complete the Questionnaire at What is Required by UMW to make payment to a Vendor/Supplier/Payee (business or individual)? for guidance and instructions AT LEAST ONE MONTH in advance of having a foreign vendor or non-resident alien provide a lecture or other service to UMW, or to request a reimbursement from UMW.
Review the list below for the UMW Finance Card Agreement that best describes your particular situation.
UMW Finance Card Agreement for Business Meals
Go to the Business Meal website to read the regulations and download the Business Meal and Food Approval Form. The Business Meal and Food Approval Form has a UMW Finance Card section at the bottom of the form. The UMW Finance Card section MUST be signed in the presence of the issuer of the UMW Finance Card. ANY exceptions must have the written approval of the Associate Vice President for Finance.
UMW Finance Card Agreement for Cards that are checked out to Card users
NOTE: The person who uses the UMW Finance Card MUST sign the agreement in the presence of the issuer of the UMW Finance Card. The signature of the card user is INVALID on all of these forms UNLESS SIGNED IN THE PRESENCE OF THE ISSUER OF THE UMW FINANCE CARD.
Download PDF version of agreement form.
Read Student Activities for details.
Read Campus Recreation for details.
Read Honor Council for details.
Please read Residence Life for details.
Read Other Student Travel for details.
Read Agency 8 Funds for details.
UMW Finance Card Agreement for Cards that are issued in the NAME of an individual
Download PDF version of Agreement Form.
- For Cards relating to a specific Study Abroad program, read Study Abroad for details.
- For Cards relating to Team Travel, read Team Travel for details.
- For Cards relating to a specific Faculty-Lead Travel program, read Faculty-Lead Travel Programs for details.
- For Cards that are NOT listed above AND have an individual’s name on it AND are used for payments that are made from local funds, read Card Processes for details regarding responsibilities associated with your Card.
UMW Card Missing Receipt Form
Download PDF version of Form.
- Use of the Missing Receipt Form does NOT replace or remove your responsibility to provide receipts nor does it remove personal liability for undocumented transactions as stated in the signed Employee Agreement.
- The Missing Receipt Form is to be used when an itemized receipt has been lost or misplaced.
- Use of the Missing Receipt Form should not be abused. If the Missing Receipt Form is being used on a regular basis, it could result in a non-compliance finding and possible loss of the privilege of using the UMW Finance Card.
Departmental Card Issuer Annual Employee Agreements
- Download PDF version for Finance Card Generic Custodial Agreement (for EMPLOYEES who sign out UMW Finance Cards)