There are several things that you can do to make the interview process a success. Below are some things to keep in mind as you enter into this part of the process:
- Make sure you are clear on the salary range and benefits applicable to this position. If questions, contact the Office of Human Resources.
- Schedule interviews, making sure to inform candidates of expected length of time, parking, materials and asking if any accommodations will be required.
- Arrange for adequate space for interviews and make sure selection committee is on time and knows their role in the process.
- Go over the legal responsibilities the university must follow when conducting interviews (i.e. avoid personal notations). See the Best Practices for more detailed guidelines
- Distribute interview questionnaire or other interview evaluation forms to all on selection committee.
- Agree upon how candidates will be evaluated and who will be responsible for which questions.
- Panel chair, or designee, should provide a brief overview of the position/department/university as an introduction to the interview. Panel members should also introduce themselves to the candidate.