About the Class:
The focus of this course is the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system. The purpose of this course is to present the basic features of the OS, and help you get comfortable using it. This is a hands-on class.
What You’ll Learn:
Upon completion of this class, participants will:
- Start Up and Login – Logout and Restart or Shut Down.
- Navigate the Operating System (OS) .
- Open, close and move between multiple applications .
- Manage files, folders and shortcuts (create, save, copy, move, delete, name, rename, modify folder display options).
- Apply good file management techniques (organizing files, backing up).
- Use the Search feature to locate files.
- Open and view the Task List.
- Identify local and network drives using My Computer.
- Identify different file formats and extensions with related applications.
- Utilize the Windows Help System.
- Change / customize the look of the desktop or taskbar.
- Use the control panel to check or change settings.
- Install or Uninstall software.
- Add or remove items from the Startup Folder.
- Add, choose, or change default printer (local or network).
- Use maintenance tools (defrag, scan disk, virus scan, updates).
- Access support resources (web pages, help desk).
What You Need to Know:
- Basic keyboarding and mouse skills are recommended.
If you don’t have those skills, consider first taking the workshop: