About the Class:
This workshop lasts 3 hours.
This workshop is specifically designed for any UMW staff member who uses Excel to format UMW data. Participants will learn how to format text and numeric data, create and remove subtotals, convert data to a table, sort and filter data, automate work using macros, and analyze data using pivot tables.
This workshop was previously entitled: “Excel: Reporting for UMW Users” and teaches UMW staff members how to format and analyze data in Excel instead of how to extract and manipulate data from the UMW.
What You’ll Learn:
- Format text and numeric data
- Use macros to automate tasks
- Use AVERAGE, COUNTIF, and VLOOKUP functions
- Create and remove subtotals
- Convert data to a table and work with table features
- Sort and filter data
- Analyze data using pivot tables
What You Need to Know:
- Navigate an Excel spreadsheet
- Switch back and forth between Windows applications
- Enter and edit data
- Work with basic formulas and functions
- Save and print a worksheet
If you don’t have those skills, consider first taking the workshop:
- Excel 2010 – The Basics
|Excel 2010(PC)||Excel 2011(Mac)|
|Microsoft Office: SUBTOTAL Function||Microsoft Office: SUBTOTAL Function|
|Microsoft Office: VLOOKUP Function||Microsoft Office: Analyze Data with a PivotTable|