- To understand yourself and others (through self- and multi-rater feedback assessments and group interaction);
- To learn the things that effective leaders do to motivate/improve individual and team performance;
- To develop an individual development plan; and
- To learn the inner workings of UMW as an academic institution and as a business.
Commitment and Attendance:
Requirements of the Leadership UMW are:
- Day long assessment / feedback – Fall;
- Day long leadership workshop – January;
- Monthly mentor meetings;
- Assigned readings; and
- Group projects or other leadership activities.
Supervisor approval is required.
- Mixed group of Faculty and Staff;
- Supervisor approval required; cabinet member will be informed;
- The curriculum will focus on the specific leadership competencies.
- May 19 – Application Deadline
- Selected participants will be notified shortly thereafter. Information will be shared about the required individual leadership assessment (including the deadline for its completion). A sketch of the upcoming schedule will also be provided.
- Fall 2017 – Cohort begins
The online application is available for you to fill out.