- To understand yourself and others (through self- and multi-rater feedback assessments and group interaction);
- To learn the things that effective leaders do to motivate/improve individual and team performance;
- To develop an individual development plan; and
- To learn the inner workings of UMW as an academic institution and as a business.
Commitment and Attendance:
Requirements of the Leadership UMW are:
- Monthly cohort meetings;
- Monthly mentor meetings;
- Assigned readings; and
- Group projects.
Supervisor approval is required.
- Cohort Meetings
- September – May;
- 3-5 hours per month; this includes a 3-hour formal session each month, plus outside work; and
- The format includes presentations, group work, readings, mentoring and hands on leadership experience.
- Mixed group of Faculty and Staff;
- Supervisor approval required; cabinet member will be informed;
- The curriculum will focus on the specific leadership competencies.
- May 13 – Application Deadline
- Selected participants will be notified shortly thereafter. Information will be shared about the required individual leadership assessment (including the deadline for its completion). A sketch of the upcoming schedule will also be provided.
- June – August – Cohort members will complete assigned readings.
- September – Cohort begins
The online application is available for you to fill out.