Congratulations on being selected as a wage employee for the University of Mary Washington! We value the work you will do as a part of the UMW community!
As outlined below, there are three parts to your UMW policy orientation. The first section provides you with relevant University policy information, the second section outlines required new employee training, and the third section lists the documents you and your supervisor need to discuss and return to our office.
At the bottom of this page, you will be asked to verify that you have read the policies and viewed the training. Please be sure to do this so the University can ensure your compliance.
I. University Policies for New Wage Employees
- UMW Mission Statement
- Statement of Community Values
- Wage Employee Handbook
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Dress Code Policy
- Customer Service Policy and Promises
- Respectful Workplace Policies Leaflets (Sexual Harassment, Workplace Harassment)
- Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (AAEEO)
- Educational Aid Policy
- Overtime and Compensatory Leave Time Policy
- Network and Computer Use Policy
II. Required Training for New Wage Employees (90 days to complete)
View the Required Training page.
III. Documents to Discuss with Supervisor and Return to HR
- Department Checklist for New Wage Employees
- Authorized Work Schedule
- 1500-Hour Wage Employment Policy 2004
- Employee Work Profile (Supervisor has from the recruitment process)
- Physical Requirements Worksheet for all