- To provide leadership development partners for 2014 Leadership UMW cohort members;
- To facilitate collaborative mentoring, an exchange of ideas, and shared learning experiences.
Commitment and Attendance:
- Serve as mentor for one year;
- Attend mentor orientation and “ training” in the Fall;
- Connect with mentee at least once a month in person or by email;
- Review and be familiar with assigned readings and activities;
- (Optional) Participate in MBTI assessment and coaching session ($45.00 at the mentor’s expense);
- Share personal leadership experiences and personal development practices in ways that will enhance and inform the development of mentee.
- At least 2 years of supervisory/and or management experience (preferred UMW; but not required);
- a manager normally supervises supervisors and is responsible for making significant decisions on what the unit does- its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of unit resources. Managers have more of an external focus beyond the unit to the university as a whole.
- a supervisor has a more internal focused responsibility for implementing the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees. Once a decision is made on what to do, supervisors have a significant role in deciding how to do it; how to achieve the objective established by the manager. Supervisors often perform the same kind of work that the subordinates do.
- Faculty, A/P Faculty, and exempt full- time Classified employees in Band 5 and above;
- Diversity – seeking mix of faculty and staff, departmental representation, gender and ethnicity representation;
- Preferred: completed leadership assessment, articulated practice of personal leadership development practice.