WOW Card Recognition Criteria by Cabinet Area
The University WOW card program allows supervisors to reward UMW employees with green WOW cards worth $35 and/or yellow WOW cards awarding time off. Each cabinet has specific recognition criteria in order to promote the same values through the distribution of WOW cards to employees. The recognized employee may have excelled in one or all of the following criteria:
President’s Office and University Events and Conferencing:
- Rewarding excellence in customer service
- Positive attitude
- Successful completion of a difficult and unanticipated special project.
- Exceptional contribution to an established program/project.
- Outstanding service to parents/families of students during the semester.
- Outstanding service to students, over and above job guidelines, during the semester.
- Division-wide contribution to the programs/services.
- Initiating/authorizing new project/program.
- Suggestion which has a major impact within the unit.
Provost and Chief Academic Officer:
- A personal significant initiative that made (or will make) an important positive contribution to the unit’s operations or result in cost savings;
- Notable customer service above and beyond the call of duty;
- A special act of kindness to a co-worker;
- Taking on extra responsibility or duties in a pinch;
- Exemplary teamwork evident in volunteering to support colleagues at critical times;
- Catching a major mistake or error or omission and thus preventing a substantial embarrassment for the unit; and/or
- Dealing with a crisis in a way that prevents or minimizes escalation.
Economic Development and Regional Engagement:
- Exceptional customer service beyond routine expectations
- Initiative that leads to significant cost savings and/or noticeable operational improvement.
- Exemplary teamwork evident in volunteering to support colleagues at critical times.
Advancement and University Relations:
- Work performance that goes above and beyond the call of duty
- Exceptional customer service
- Positive Attitude
- Team spirit
Administration and Finance:
Administration and Finance, Budget, Business Services, Emergency Management and Safety, Finance and Human Resources:
- Excellent customer service
- Rapid response to requests for assistance
- Cooperation and teamwork
- Reports and information
- Showing initiative and innovation
- Performing a difficult task unusually well
- Notable effort
- Commendable customer service
- Effective teamwork
- Demonstration of enthusiasm, spirit, & positive attitude
- Outstanding customer service- includes meeting the needs of students, faculty, staff, and external constituencies.
- Taking on an unexpected, additional project or responsibility, perhaps meeting an emergency, and completing in a timely and successful way while also doing all other responsibilities.
- Providing additional support and reaching out to assist co-workers both in IT and outside of IT
- Demonstrating a consistent, positive, engaged attitude and perspective even while in stressful and demanding situations.
- Demonstrated innovation and/or implementation of new ideas.