Nominations are now being accepted for the following University annual awards:
- Charles Coleman Memorial Service Award (supervisor nominations only)
- Richard V. and Rosemary A. Hurley Presidential Commendation
The winners will be announced May 8 and the awards will be presented at a fall staff gathering.
The deadline for submitting nominations for all awards is 5:00 pm on Thursday, May 7, 2015.
Please visit the award pages on the upper left of this page or click on the links below for award selection criteria, nomination procedures, and the online nomination form for each award.
- Charles Coleman Memorial Service Award (supervisor nominations only): Charles Coleman was an employee of 29 years who demonstrated pride, dedication, and loyalty throughout his many years of service. This award was established in honor of his memory and exemplary service. All classified and hourly employees with at least 5 years of continuous employment are eligible for the award.
- Richard V. and Rosemary A. Hurley Presidential Commendation :The intent of this award is to honor Mr. and Mrs. Hurley, who have consistently demonstrated a desire to recognize and reward outstanding service of University employees, and who have led by example in their work at Mary Washington. The benefactors of the award are Elmer and Marceline Weatherly Morris, Class of 1950. Eligibility for this award is open to UMW employees, with preference for administrative/professional faculty members.
- Staff Advisory Council’s Larry Atkins Staff Awards : This award will be awarded in the fall 2015. The Staff Advisory Council recognizes UMW employees who are the unsung heroes of our offices. Larry Atkins was one of the first employees to receive the S.A.C. “We Couldn’t Do it Without You Award,” which has since been renamed in his memory. Any administrative faculty, wage, and/or classified employee may be nominated. Three UMW employees will be selected, one from each of the above classifications.
To view information on the 2015 UMW Award Winners, click here.
For questions on these nomination processes, please contact Jennifer Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Terri Arthur (email@example.com) in the Office of Human Resources regarding the Coleman and Hurley awards