Important Update for Hiring Managers and SPCC holders:
The Temporary Employment Contract Instructions have been revised. Please review them before you place your order in eVA. These new instructions will allow SPPC holders to take ownership of his/her order by entering all the information when the order is placed, which will minimize the waiting time of the preapproval. There may be some edits required after the temp staff is selected and we will work with you to ensure the applicable information is provided. Procurement Services will review and approve the order before forwarding it to the SPCC holder. Please disregard any previous version of the instructions to minimize delays and confusion. Thanks.
How to Hire a Temporary Employee
- Contact the Budget Office to determine if funding is available.
- Identify an eVA buyer to process the electronic request.
- Complete the Temporary Request Form
- NOTE: Vehicle Operation (if applicable): Temporary Staffing personnel with responsibility for operating university owned vehicles to transport students must complete the Van Familiarization program and the Department of Motor Vehicles Check with the Office of Parking Management, before assuming this duty. Temporary staff with the Athletics Department will complete the program with that department. Supervisors must ensure compliance with this provision.
- Complete an eVA request and attach the request form to the eVA order. NOTE!! The eVA purchase order for Temporary Services in not entered as a “normal” order request and must be entered exactly as written.
Temporary Employment Contract Instructions
- If you would like the temporary employee to have access to NetID, e-mail account, EagleOne, etc., please complete the Temporary/Volunteer Information Sheet and forward to Paula Wilder at email@example.com on or before the employee’s first day of work.
- The Contract Administrator will review the request via eVA and coordinate the new hire of the temporary employee.
- Human Resources will provide an initial temporary parking pass that is good for two weeks. If another pass or an extension is needed, you will need to contact the Parking Management Department (x 1129) to request a new one.
Reminder: When requesting a temporary employee for a specialized position, the turnaround time might be 5-7 days based on available candidates in the area of expertise and the amount of time that is required to complete a background check.
For assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.